Say What You Want. Generate As Much 'Buzz' As Possible - In One Hour.
buzzRED gives anyone (businesses or people) a way to generate immediate interest for their products, services, announcements, events, opinions, etc. Whatever is posted is up for only one hour. After one hour, the post (we call it a 'buzz') is removed from display - forever.
buzzRED is sorted by areas that are based on zip codes, so you can find the best local deals and relevant, up-to-date content for where you live.
When there is only 3 minutes left for a buzz, it will turn red to let you know this buzz is about to end.
If you want to post a buzz - you will need to set up an account with us. But don't worry - that's free.
If you only want to read about what's happening in your local area, you don't have to join or give us your email. You can just look around. We're OK with that.
Did I mention that it's FREE? Free to join, free to post and free to read.
I don't get it. What could you use buzzRED for?
- Hungry? Want to try a new place, but also get a great deal? Check buzzRED for specials in your area.
- Have a small business and want to increase sales? 'Buzz' a special offer -right now- and get some customers in the door.
- Want to know what's happening in your local community? events, news, yard sales, etc?
- Have an opinion you want to share on a local issue? 'Buzz' an opinion piece to generate discussion in your area.
- Spot a great deal at a local store? 'Buzz' about it and let everyone know about the great deal you found.
- Lost a pet? 'Buzz' a picture and find the lost pet.
- Realtor? 'Buzz' about your 'open house' events.
People love to share!
We Are All Friends Here!
Everything on buzzRED is free public access. No 'buzz' is private, but it does expire.
- Find exceptional deals on dining and local attractions. Available right now.
- Save money on hotels while traveling
- Save money on the services you need. Landscaping, home repair, auto repair, anything...
- Get discounts on the great sporting or social events in your area.
- Make that wedding or birth announcement.
- Proclaim your love for that special girl or guy.
- Ask for opinions on fashion, restaurants, shopping, romantic getaways, cars -- almost anything.
- Networking - 'buzz' that you are having lunch at Joe's Cafe and any web geeks (or whatever interest) are welcome to join you. (I am the one sitting in the back, with coat from 'The Matrix' on, and holding one red and one blue pill)
- Classifieds - clean out the junk and make some money
- Or you could just tell that really funny, touching or amazing story.
You could be the first to propose with a 'buzz'! (which will probably be quickly followed by a funeral buzz!)
Yes - it's really FREE!
No more huge adwords charges! No more SEO!
Have a great product or service? buzzRED can increase your sales.
This new marketing platform levels the field. Bigger companies cannot buy more time on buzzRED or pay for a better position on the page. Everyone gets the same amount of time - one hour. Everyone is equal here - and the best offer will win.
- Completely free - no fees of any kind
- Hotels? 'Buzz' 30% off and get the empty rooms filled in the next hour.
- Slow night at the restaurant? 'Buzz' about a free dessert and fill those empty tables.
- Landscaper finishing a job with some time to spare? 'Buzz' free estimates in the neighborhood you are in right now.
- Technology Professional? 'Buzz' about a free or low cost needs assessment.
- Auto Mechanics can 'buzz' about that great price they have on an oil change.
It's free! Get local exposure for your group events and meetings
Get Your Group's Message Out To Your Local Area
Reach everyone in your local area with:
- Church meetings and events
- Membership Drive
- Special Events or Speakers
- Promote your local band. Post an embedded youtube video the night of the gig and fill the venue
- It's free?Yes.
- Really free? Yes, really. Totally, completely free.
- This is like one of those flash-sale sites, right? Where you sell overstock or old stock?Nope. We don't have any inventory, we don't sell anything. You can simply find information and deals here.
- If I want to buy something - where do I pay?The company or person you are buying from. Not us.
- Is buzzRED a really big company?No. Really small. Really, really small.
We are not a big startup in 'Silicon Valley' - we are located in St Augustine, FL. We don't have investors and we are not looking for any funding at all. We just wanted to build a great website - something we would want to use ourselves. Want to meet our staff? Here, shake my hand - my name is Don, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, shake her hand - thats my wife, Leah - her email is email@example.com -- there you just met everyone in the company -that's it.
Complaints, comments, suggestions, or just curiousity - feel free to email me. And no, this is not my 'job'. I actually work for the post office. The pay is fairly low, but there is great health insurance (we have a sick kid). So, I have been building websites for additional money for several years now. I work on buzzRED in between my real jobs - which usually works out to be between 2-5am (hence the unusual writing style).
- Sounds kinda neat. It must be in a 'limited area' or only 'certain cities' right?
No. Anybody, anywhere in the United States. Now, we are just starting out, so there will be lots of areas with nothing in them right now.
This is where we will need help. I can build the site, but I can't tell everyone about it. I am hoping it will spread by word of mouth, and businesses and people will start to use it. If you like the idea of it, please tell someone else about it. Tell your friends, and tell managers and owners of local businesses.
- How to I post one of these 'buzzes'?
Its very easy:
- Fill out the form to set up an account.
- You will get an email to verify your email address - click the link in the email.
- Go to the 'Post A Buzz' page and fill out the info.
- Click submit and your 'buzz' is live - for one hour.
There is no charge, & we don't take a 'cut' of your revenue. You can buzz offers, opinions, announcements, news, events, political, personal, networking, great deals that you have seen, lost pets, lost items - almost anything.
- Is there anything I can't 'buzz' about?Sort of. I think we can almost all agree we don't want to read a 'buzz' about multi-level marketing (sorry MLMer's - I have nothing against you or your business - just -- no). And I am pretty sure selling anything illegal would not be a good idea. If you see something on here that you think should not be on here, there is an 'inappropriate' button that will send me an email about it. I will review it as soon as I can and delete it - if needed. Let's just be blunt about it - no porn.
- How many of these 'buzzes' can I put out? Each active account is allowed one active buzz at a time. After that one expires (in one hour), you can put out another one.
- What if I want to stop a 'buzz' in progress? There is a 'buzzkill' button on your 'manage buzzes' page (aren't we clever - buzzkill :). A 'buzzkill' will disable the current 'buzz', but it does not stop the countdown timer for your 'buzz'. You will have to wait the full hour before you can send out another 'buzz'.
- How do I know I won't get ripped off by someone? You don't - really. Be careful, be smart, call first to verify. You are pretty much on your own though - just like real life...
- Deleted after one hour? Yes, the 'buzz' will be removed from display after one hour. The data from the buzz would still be in the database, but it would not be displayed again. There is one exception, if the buzz you put out creates tremendous interest it could make it to our 'BuzzWorthy' page. Each 'buzz' that is put out can gather 'buzzworthy' votes from registered users. The top ten buzzes will be displayed on the 'BuzzWorthy' page - until they are out voted. You still have absolute control over your buzz's display though, if you choose to delete a record 'buzz' it will be removed from the 'BuzzWorthy' page immediately.
- What's a 'sticky buzz'? A 'sticky buzz' is useful if you are telling your local area about a product or service you offer and you are using other social media (facebook, twitter, etc...) to promote the buzz that you put out. In addition to the one hour your buzz has on buzzRED, the 'buzz page' will stay active until you turn off the 'sticky buzz' setting. If you are promoting a time-sensitive special, you will probably want to set 'sticky buzz' to 'no'.
For example, if you own a restaurant and you want to post a buzz about your new patio dining area - that would be a good buzz to set 'sticky buzz' to 'yes', then announce this buzz on your twitter and facebook account. Anyone coming to the buzz page will see the buzz you put out. If, however, you put out a buzz about your dinner special tonight - this would be a good buzz to set to 'no' for a 'sticky buzz'.
I think this is something that would be easier to understand if you saw it. Here are a couple of examples:
- Is there a buzzRED mobile app? Not yet. Soon. Very soon. The website (buzzRED.com) will work on your phone - the experience is not optimal though. I am trying to get the app done by end of September 2014 - if I can get enough 'free' time.